List of current Lifetime Achievement Award winners
The Minnesota GIS/LIS Board periodically inducts people and organizations to the Minnesota GIS/LIS Lifetime Achievement Award. This award began in 1993 and is ongoing.
This award was established to recognize a life-time of accomplishments in the field of GIS/LIS in Minnesota.
This award is not given every year, and some years there are multiple recipients. The selection criteria for this honor are:
- The contribution by an individual or group to GIS/LIS must be significant and done for the greater good. Their work should have:
Advanced the field of GIS/LIS in Minnesota and beyond, or
Utilized GIS/LIS technology in ways that preserved or improved Minnesota's quality of life.
- Individuals or organizations may work in any discipline or sector. It is expected that, in order to meet the criterion about making a contribution to society, their work will be widely known.
- Individuals or organizations must have worked in or been a resident of Minnesota during the period in which the contributions were being made OR must have had a significant connection to Minnesota and contributions made elsewhere have greatly benefited Minnesota.
Each winner will be honored in the following manner:
- Plaque will be presented at the annual Consortium conference.
- Summary of the justification for the winner’s award will be published in the Consortium newsletter and preserved on the Consortium website.
- Name will be added to a master plaque of all Lifetime Award winners.
- Free registration to the conference where the award is given.
- Free lifetime conference registration following retirement unless back at full-time work.
Letters of nomination can be e-mailed to email@example.com and must be received on or before June 30. Nominations should include:
- An explanation of why the person or organization should be honored with this award
- Details specifically addressing the award criteria listed above
- Letters of support or testimonials from colleagues and/or stakeholders corroborating the nomination