GIS/LIS Consortium Event/Activity Grants Available
Are you looking for financial support for your GIS/LIS activity or event? The MN GIS/LIS Consortium can provide limited funding for printing and mailing costs, meeting room rental fees, food services, speaker fees and advertisements for GIS/LIS activities or events in Minnesota. Awards are typically less than $1000 per request.
The main criteria used to evaluate funding requests are:
- The event must be open to the GIS/LIS community in Minnesota;
- A generalized budget statement for the event should be submitted, showing anticipated total costs and the planned use of Consortium funds;
- If accepted, the Consortium will encourage organizers to use our logo and name in event advertising;
- When the event is completed, organizers will be asked to provide a summary of the event suitable for publication in GIS/LIS News and on the Consortium’s website;
- When the event is completed, organizers must submit a budget summary document to the Consortium detailing the actual use of the Consortium’s awarded funds.
The Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium’s policy is to provide the event grant money only after the event has been held and after the proper event budget summary information has been provided to the Board of Directors for their review. In rare cases, the Consortium Board of Directors may approve distribution of the funds before the event is held.
The request form and full instructions are available here.
We look forward to reviewing your request.