21st Annual Conference and Workshops
October 5-7, 2011 St. Cloud, Minnesota
St. Cloud Civic Center, St. Cloud, MN
Registration is Now Closed for the 21st Annual MN GIS/LIS Fall Conference and Workshops
Please register in person at the conference.
The Conference returns to Saint Cloud in 2011 featuring Dr. Scott Mest as the keynote speaker. Dr. Mest is a research scientist with the Planetary Science Institute and visiting scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The Friday lunch speaker is Mr. Kenny Salwey, “the Last River Rat”, who will share stories of his life living on the Mississippi River.
ATTENTION STUDENTS! Student registration is always $65.
SCHOLARSHIP: Support the MN GIS/LIS Scholarship Endowment fund:
- Attend the Networking Event Thursday at 7:30pm River’s Edge Convention Center
- Purchase Scholarship Raffle Tickets at the MN GIS/LIS booth in the Exhibit Hall.
WELCOME RECEPTION: Join us on Wednesday evening at 6:30 for the Welcome Reception at the Red Carpet. Hors d’oeurves will be served and entertainment includes a lineup of local comedians.
WATER BOTTLES: Bring your water bottle. Water will be available at breaks, but there will not be bottled water available.
BIRDS OF A FEATHER:
- Sessions will be held Thursday, October 6th at 6:00 pm in the Stockinger Suite at the River’s Edge Convention Center. Contact Perry Nacionales firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions include:
- Minnesota Counties GIS Association (MCGISA)Annual Meeting
- Twin Cities Map Server User Group (TCMUG)
- GIS Gerontologists
- OSGeo – Twin Cities chapter promoting Open source geospatial technologies
- Birds of a Feather run/walk will be held Friday, October 7th at 6:30 am. Start at the River’s Edge Convention Center entrance. No timing this year. Get your free wrist band at the Conference registration desk.
The 2011 Conference Committee is looking forward to a great conference and workshops. We hope to see you in Saint Cloud.
Thank you to ESRI as the 2011 Annual Conference Lanyard Sponsor!
This year, the Conference Committee is offering 14 workshops including 2 full day workshops. Register early as workshops fill up fast. The Session’s Committee is pleased to offer a great selection of presentations. Presenters from all over the state will offer a wide variety of GIS topics including Government, Environmental, Utilities, Web Applications, Mobile GIS and many more. Also, returning this year are the lightning rounds. There will be plenty of opportunity for networking and reconnecting with GIS colleagues.
Click here to download a PDF of the Preliminary Program