The mission of the Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA) is to provide excellence in education and information exchange on geospatial information and technology in telecommunications, infrastructure and utility applications worldwide.
GITA’s Minnesota Chapter has established a scholarship award for 2006-2007. This award is open to individual students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in geospatial studies (e.g., GIS, Geography with GIS concentration, or similar) at a Minnesota university or college. This is a one-time award based on a competitive process for best application or project utilizing geospatial technologies.
Applicants are required to submit a summary of the project and one letter of recommendation.
Eligibility and application details:
- Applications are due no later than December 1, 2006.
- The top candidates will be invited to provide a live presentation/ demonstration before a panel of judges assembled by the GITA Minnesota Chapter Board.
- One student will be awarded a Grand Prize of $1500.
- All participants selected for presentations will receive a plaque for outstanding excellence in geospatial technologies.
- Project must have been completed during the previous or current school calendar year.
Find more details at www.gita.org/chapters/minnesota/scholarship/index.html
Please send your application, project summary and letter of recommendation to:
City of Saint Paul Department of Public Works
25 W. 4th St., 800 City Hall Annex
St. Paul, MN 55102