Table of Contents
MN GIS/LIS Consortium
From the Chair
Call for Awards
Parcel Inventory Update
FSA Photo Update
Remote Sensing Workshop
Strategic Plan Update
Call for Commendations
MetroGIS Strategic Planning
2006 TC Metro Imagery
Property Foreclosure Info
Snowmobile Trails in E911
2010 Census Address Program
Physical Features Map
Satellite Monitoring Land/Water
GIS Day at UMD
St. Mary's Updates GIS Lab
ND Online Certificate
GIS Body of Knowledge
McMaster to Head UCGIS
Lawsuit May Limit GIS Industry
Elevation for Nation
RI Tracks Coyotes
From the Chair
By Chad Martini, 2007 Chair
The Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium Board of Directors and committees are already working hard to represent all of you for 2007. I am excited to serve as chair for the board of directors and work with a great group of GIS professionals.
I want to thank the outgoing 2006 board members and also welcome the new 2007 board members. The 2006 members worked hard to accomplish all of the goals set for the past year. I especially want to thank our outgoing chair, Annette Theroux, for her help and guidance throughout the past year. She will be a tough act to follow.
The 2007 Board of Directors
- Chad Martini, Chair, Geo-Comm, Inc.
- Sally Wakefield, Chair-Elect, 1000 Friends of Minnesota
- Tim Loesch, Treasurer, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Sarah Schrader, Secretary, Goodhue County
- Rebecca Foster, Conference Chair, City of Edina
- Kari Geurts, Conference Chair-Elect, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Steve Benson, State Government, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Jane Mueller, Local Government, Beltrami County
- Mark Packard, Private Sector, de maximis Data Management Solution, Inc.
- Fei Yuan, Higher Education, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Steve Kloiber, At-Large, Metropolitan Council
- Annette Theroux, Past Chair Ex-Officio, Pro-West & Associates, Inc.
- Nancy Rader, LMIC Ex-Officio
- Will Craig, Governor’s Council on Geographic Information Ex-Officio
The annual conference will be held in Rochester this year, and Rebecca Foster and the Conference Committee have been working tirelessly to put together a great event. See Rebecca’s article for more detail. The committee volunteers put in many hours and are always looking for some extra hands to lighten the load. Contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to assist with the workshops, presentation sessions or other aspects of the conference.
I would also like to invite anyone who would like to help with any of the Consortium’s other committees (Awards, Database, Education, Newsletter, Professional Development, Scholarship, Web) to check out the Consortium website at www.mngislis.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=50 for more information. The Consortium is driven by volunteers and we welcome all of you to join us in planning activities.
I look forward to working with the current board and meeting as many of you as I can in the coming year. Please don’t hesitate to contact any of the board members or myself with any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Chad Martini, email@example.com