MN GIS/LIS NEWS
The Newsletter of the Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium
Table of Contents
MN GIS/LIS Consortium
2008 Conference Summary
From the Chair
New Scholarship Chair
Drive to Excellence Update
2008 FSA Photos
Mn/DOT Image Services
MetroGIS Services Forum
Carver Recreation Portal
Stearns Property Mgmt. Portal
Goodhue Americorps Projects
2009 CAP Grants
UofM GIS Resources
Resources for Educators
Craig NSGIC Chair
Borchert Conservation Hero
GIS Day Video
|Announcement for 2009 CAP Grants
Adapted from the NSGIC free news blog (subscribe at: http://www.nsgic.org/blog/)
The announcement for the 2009 NSDI Cooperative Agreements Program has been posted. A summary of this year's categories and a link to the full 2009 NSDI CAP announcement can be found on the CAP site.
All proposals need to be submitted via the Grants.gov Web site, and are due January 6, 2009.
Categories this year are:
- Metadata Trainer and Outreach Assistance
Up to 4 cooperative agreements of up to $25,000 each.
- Behind the Portal - Use of GOS Map and Data Services
Up to 4 cooperative agreements of up to $40,000 per project.
- Fifty States Initiative: Strategic and Business Plan Development in Support of the NSDI Future Directions Fifty States Initiative
Up to seven cooperative agreements of up to $50,000 each.
- Enabling Use of Government Tabular Data in a Geographic Context
One cooperative agreement of up to $150,000.
- Building Data Stewardship for The National Map and the NSDI
Up to four cooperative agreements of up to $50,000 each.
- FGDC Standards Development and Implementation Assistance and Outreach (excluding Metadata Standards)
Up to two cooperative agreements of up to $25,000 each.
- Demonstration of Geospatial Data Partnerships across Local, State and Federal Government
Up to four cooperative agreements of up to $75,000 each.
Editor’s Note: If you plan to submit a proposal and have not previously registered on the Grants.gov website, set up your account now since it can be very time-consuming to track down the required registration information.